- Newly created Senior Management Position
- Drive the existing strategy, provide governance
- Pivotal role, focussed on clear leadership
Seeking a highly capable, experienced Head of Safety and Wellbeing. Subject matter expert required to manage a team and provide governance throughout.
A newly created unique role on offer providing an opportunity which encompasses both Safety and Wellbeing. This role can be based in Wellington or Auckland, however a preference is for Wellington given the management team are based at that location. It is expected that due to the transformational nature that this may be a 2 year Fixed Term Contract however permanent employment is also considered and the FTC is not a barrier to applications being shortlisted.
Managing a specialist team, you will provide the senior leadership that is required in the safety and wellbeing area. You will ensure a sustainable framework is in place in order to drive and maintain an oversight of the strategy, goals, performance measures, processes and reporting requirements.
There is huge variety in this role and you will be responsible for the continuous improvement, including leading the development of a health and safety culture which engages all within the organisation.
Duties include the following:
- Provide Governance and further develop the strategy in line with critical risks and the psychology of safety.
- Provide leadership to your team and coach and mentor the HSE Specialist /Coordinators to provide a high level of service as subject matter experts to managers allowing them to own and have accountability for Safety and Wellbeing.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership team on change management and to further develop and implement the strategic direction
- Communicate and champion the Safety and Wellbeing portfolio
- Lead the integration of workplans into existing business planning processes
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance the organisation-wide initiatives
- Lead the development and ongoing review of the health and safety vision, strategy policy and annual plan
- Lead the establishment of accountabilities at all levels, including setting of targets and expectations
- Coordinate the review and refinement of minimum standards/protocols for all high risk activities, contractor management and compliance
- Ensure formal auditing, reporting and review of programme provides outcomes and areas for improvement for the annual planning process
Skills and experience
- Relevant high level tertiary qualification
- Investigation and audit qualifications preferred
- Track record of successfully supporting organisational culture change
- In depth understanding/knowledge of legislation
- Management experience in the development and delivery of strategy
- Leadership experience within diverse and complex organisations
- Strong ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skillset with a collaborative approach
- Excellent computer literacy
- Previous experience in the management of direct reports
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Alison Gill on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2671