- Hands on active role
- Global industry leader
- Competitive salary in a desired location
Our client is seeking an active, hands on Health and Safety Advisor for their large manufacturing site in Southern Waikato.
Our client is one of Australasia’s largest pulp and paper suppliers with a number of manufacturing facilities throughout New Zealand and the world.
With a strong commitment to safety and the environment, they pride themselves on their innovative products using sound, sustainable principles in all areas of business.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the role is site based and provides advice and mentoring to around 400 permanent staff in their large manufacturing plant, a Major Hazard Facility.
Key to this role will be your ability to engage with a varied range of employees from administrative staff to engineers; clearly communicating and supporting our client’s safety principles.
- Provide advice, support and coaching to both employees and contractors
- Coordinate and deliver health and safety training
- Monitor non-conformances and corrective action plans
- Assist managers with rehabilitation and return to work plans
- Participate in Health and Safety Committee meetings
- Implement and audit health and safety initiatives and policies
- Conduct regular audits and spot checks
- Assist and support the Health and Safety Manager in maintaining compliance and best practice
Skills and experience
- Highly developed communication skill
- Strong presentation and reporting skill
- Proven ability to build rapport and develop solid relationships
- Robust audit and investigation experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Experience with Injury Management and return to work is preferred
- Minimum Level 4 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience in a similar industry is desirable
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Preference will be given to candidates who are NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #2672