- Well-established construction company
- Seeking a Construction Safety Practitioner for a 6-month FTC
- Influencing, coaching mentoring role
Our client is a well-established construction management contractor, providing specialist design-build solutions throughout New Zealand.
This position reports to the Regional Health and Safety Manager, with daily interaction and reporting to the Site/Project Manager.
It is a hands-on, 6-month fixed term contract, monitoring a project site within the Waikato region.
Candidates should have New Zealand Construction Safety experience.
- Manage, facilitate and promote the development, maintenance and implementation of the company’s health and safety management systems
- Audit and monitor to ensure compliance to legislation and company procedures
- Provide specialist advice and information to all stakeholders
- Manage from a best practice – risk perspective
- Provide a high level of reporting for trends, planning and performance measures
- Promote a positive safety behavioural culture
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent health and safety knowledge and experience within a construction environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with a relevant tertiary qualification and Site Safe training, although your experience will be taken into account
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation
- Great business acumen and strong ability to work well within a team environment
- Strength in the monitoring and auditing area
- Proactive and energetic
- A truly effective communication style and the ability to influence at all levels
- Outcome focussed, with a strong ability to problem solve
- Great time management skills
- Advanced incident/accident investigation skills
- Lead from the front to provide safety visibility, engagement and participation
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2653.