- Build the HSSE capability throughout the business
- Drive improvements to enable a proactive safety culture
- Support the delivery/implementation of the HSSE strategy
To be a success in this role, you will understand people, their drivers and behaviours and have a real desire to make a difference
The company and role
Our client is a global organisation with world class processes in place, but in need of an engaging and influential individual to assist with culture change and embedding the systems throughout the organisation.
By providing specialist advice, coaching and solid support on all matters relating to occupational health, safety and security, including operational environment matters such as; air, noise and waste management, you will work with the teams to ensure specific business HSSE training needs are identified and delivered.
You will utilise your excellent relationship building skillset and influence, motivate, advise, coach and educate in order to achieve the desired outcomes for cultural and behavioural based safety initiatives, ensuring they are well and truly embedded throughout the organisation.
- Provide support in developing and implementing strategies, programs, initiatives and tools across the business, to continually improve the HSSE performance
- Ensure specialist and accurate advice is provided working within the safety management system, in order to reduce risk
- Conduct incident investigations and provide relevant reporting, assisting with the development of corrective actions and ensuring close out in a timely manner
- Assist the teams to ensure specific HSSE training needs are identified and delivered
- Support and participate as required in emergency response and preparedness programs
- Liaise with regulatory bodies, seeking support from internal stakeholders where required
- Analyse data and performance, recommend priorities and actions for continual improvement
Skills and experience required include
- Influential and motivational approach, with an operational focus
- A real desire to make a difference and work towards a proactive HSSE environment
- A genuine approach with excellent training and communication ability
- Strong analytical skillset i.e. trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures in a practical manner
- Excellent stakeholder management ability
- Incident/Accident investigation experience, including report writing
- Above all – a strong ability to influence and gain buy in!
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2652.