- Organisational cultural development
- Pivotal role
- Lead and embed exciting achievable initiatives
Fabulous position incorporating safety health and wellness. Opportunity to make your mark – infrastructure sector.
Our client is an infrastructure provider playing a vital role as Christchurch continues to rebuild and grow; it is connecting the community to unlimited opportunity and an exciting time within the business.
Based in Christchurch and reporting to the GM People and Culture, you will have significant evidence of driving change and have led cultural shift in your previous organisations.
This is a critical role with the responsibility of embedding the health and safety management system throughout the business, driving the continuous improvement programs and promoting a robust and proactive health and safety culture. An opportunity to build on the existing good work.
The hands-on nature of this role will see you providing active support, mentoring and guidance to the Managers and clients building solid relationships to promote excellence in the workplace in respect to their responsibilities for health and safety. You will need to have a solid understanding of contractor management understanding the legal requirements for the client in terms of responsibility as PCBU.
- Continued identification of critical risks
- Clear focus on the Psychology of Safety
- Provide leadership and direction to all relevant parties
- Active participation in process improvement initiatives
- Safeguard the client from legal reputational risk by ensuring robust systems and practices are in place and understood/ adhered to
- Establish and manage injury management programs and return to work
- Reporting function to CEO and Board in consultation with GM
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Act as proactive advocate for safety and be a visible leader
- Coach and mentor managers
- Responsibility and oversight of Contractor Management
- Coordinate and support internal audit function
Skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in health and safety
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge of NZ legislation
- Be highly motivated, an excellent communicator and have the ability to influence at all levels
- Demonstrated report writing abilities
- Exceptional relationship management
- Exceptional communication skills
- MS office – fully competent
- Transformational role, build your evidence portfolio
- Great work life balance
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Alison Gill on 09 281 4658 quoting reference #2670.