- Significant manufacturing health and safety advisory experience is required
- An engaging, dynamic and visible safety leadership skillset
- Be prepared to be part of an outstanding and successful team
Our client is committed to long term, on-shore manufacturing and is dedicated to building and maintaining highly skilled and robust local capability.
With an 80+ year history of success, our client prides themselves on their commitment to long term, on-shore manufacturing and are dedicated to further building and maintaining a highly skilled and robust local capability.
Currently with 3 NZ sites to take care of and an exciting future planned – which includes a purpose built plant, our client is very keen to ensure their operation continues to be world class and are ready to step up to best practice health and safety initiatives.
Expect to work at all levels of the operation, educating and influencing culture change, with a drive for sustainable success and excellence.
You will utilise your extensive technical health and safety knowledge within a manufacturing environment, to ensure the same sense of pride within operations is shared during the implementation of best practice health and safety initiatives.
Be the subject matter expert, self-motivated and more than willing to share your passion for safety, as well as your technical knowledge, in a user friendly fashion – ensuring a good level of understanding throughout the organisation.
In this role you will work at all levels to:
Provide accurate and current Health and Safety advice and support
- Engage, influence, coach and mentor all personnel
- Ensure HSE policies and procedures are clearly understood by all
- Create an environment where risk management is seen as business as usual
- Provide visible safety leadership and training (including manual handling)
- Meet all reporting requirements and deadlines for the site
- Ensure continuous improvement and best practice solutions are provided
- Lead the site audit/monitoring and review process
- Support the Injury Management/GRTW program
- Ensure legislative compliance; HSE, ACC, HSNO Acts as well as the relevant Guidelines and Standards including Machine Guarding, WAH, PTW, etc.
- Offer alternative and innovative solutions, from your experience; including a more automated approach within the site
Personal attributes must include a strong ability to
Influence, engage, coach and mentor
- Be resilient, dynamic and proactive
- Provide solutions, be outcome focused with an innovative approach
- Be adaptable and flexible (ensure all shifts are covered)
- Deliver to deadlines at all times and be willing to go the extra mile
- Influence positive and proactive cultural change/continuous improvement
- Be a supportive team player
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant OHS qualification (Diploma minimum)
- Train the Trainer
- Significant experience as a Health and Safety Advisor within a manufacturing environment – this is not a step up role
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2570.