- Engage the workforce in Safety and Wellbeing Continuous Improvement
- Provide the leadership, coaching and mentoring to direct reports
- Significant and demonstrable experience required
Our client is seeking a strong leader to champion, motivate and lead the safety culture change. Significant experience required.
Our client operates within a critical risk environment, providing a broad range of cargo handling and logistics services and enjoying a high profile within New Zealand.
With more than 500 direct employees and a further 150,000+ facilitated by the organisations activities, our client cares deeply about their people, with safety being their number one priority.
Having made significant gains with visible health and safety in the past year; improvements to auditing, reporting, communication and recognition of positive safety behaviour has assisted in keeping the 24/7 shift workers safer, 365 days of the year.
Innovation and improvement, through contributions from staff members enable our client to achieve world-class productivity. The skills of the people as well as their ideas have ensured development and introduction of new technology, equipment and processes.
The role requires you:
To provide accurate and specialised advice and support to management and staff, in order to foster a safe and healthy workplace.
To ensure the framework and protocols for effective safety management are in place, together with the required monitoring and continuous improvement aspects to ensure all risks and concerns are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner, as well as promoting healthy well-being practices.
To be successful in this role, you will have significant leadership experience within a high risk health and safety environment (this is not a step up role):
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Responsibility for reporting at Board level
- Provide relevant/up to date advice, assistance and resources to key stakeholders
- Ensure full compliance to industry standards, legislation, company policies and procedures
- Provide the direction, mentoring and leadership to direct reports
- Influence to provide for a proactive and positive safety culture
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent qualification level (OHS/Management)
- Senior Health and Safety Management – working within a large and complex organisation, with a diverse and heavily unionised workforce
- Significant number of years under your belt in a similar high risk environment
- Able to demonstrate successful outcomes with senior business leaders, frontline leaders, as well as working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of New Zealand Health and Safety laws and regulations
- Excellent contractor management skillset
- Well-rounded Health, Safety, Wellbeing experience and proven leadership skillset
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Alison Gill on 09 281 4658 quoting reference 2667.