- Require Senior Health and Safety Manager with high risk experience
- Exceptional leadership role within growing company
- Senior appointment – set the strategy and deliver the outcomes
An excellent opportunity to work locally and make a real difference within this medium sized civil construction company in growth mode
Our client pride themselves on their open and honest approach and are committed to providing service excellence – safely delivering quality outcomes within; road construction and maintenance, earthworks and drainage, aggregate production and quarry management, surfacing and road marking.
With a strong and experienced management team, you will form part of the leadership team and influence positive change within this continuous improvement environment. This company continually seeks to ensure they are competitive, without compromising their benchmarked safety and quality standards.
This company has approximately 130 employees, with key contracts throughout the Waikato, King County, Taranaki Regions and growing.
You will be responsible for providing clear strategic health and safety leadership and direction, as well as the functional support required to enable a positive and proactive, best practice environment.
Able to draw from your experience, you will be instrumental in the successful implementation of a fully integrated management system.
This position will sit on the executive team and report directly to the CEO.
- Assist with the development of a fully integrated management system, ensuring high health and safety/risk management standards are met
- Provide the leadership to ensure a move into proactive safety management
- Provide effective health and safety support across all projects
- Mentor and assist direct report to successful outcomes
- Communicate and promote a consistent safety culture and values in line with the company vision
- Play an active role in the Injury Management Process, ensuring the employees wellbeing and smooth return to work process
- Develop strong relationships with regulatory and other external organisations
- Manage, facilitate and promote the development, maintenance and implementation of the company’s health and safety management systems
- Audit and monitor, review projects and collate relevant data, ensure a high standard of compliance is achieved and promoted
- Provide visibility and specialist advice and information to all stakeholders, supporting required training as identified
- Manage from a best practice – risk perspective
- Maintain high levels of knowledge and expertise regarding current standards, initiatives, best practice as appropriate to the organisation
- Promote a positive safety behavioural culture
Experience required includes:
You will have outstanding and proven skills in the following areas:
- Safety leadership, planning and implementation
- Lateral-thinker and results focused
- Critical analysis and problem solving
- Time management
- Development of a safer culture
- Influencing at all levels
- Practical yet flexible approach
- Positive attitude and an articulate communicator
- Ability to advise utilising your knowledge of NZ Legislation and Best Practice
- Training and mentoring
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2666.