- Established provider of care for the elderly
- Support and coordinate day to day Health and Safety
- Take ownership in this newly created role
Seeking a solid, practical, experienced health and safety practitioner to maintain and improve existing safety management.
Our client is one of the largest charitable providers of care to the elderly in New Zealand. This includes; retirement village accommodation, rest home, hospital and dementia care, and community outreach services.
Facilities are across the upper North Island.
A newly created role, you will work closely with the business, maintaining existing process with an eye to continual improvement.
As internal consultant you will provide guidance and support to all stakeholders throughout the organisation, to develop plans aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
The role supports the Director of Risk and will develop to include projects as well as supporting the core activities of the organisation.
- Prepare and coordinate health and safety reporting
- Monitor and report compliance
- Maintain internal audit schedules and guide corrective actions
- File and update manual and electronic safety systems
- Develop online document management
- Set up and maintain environmental monitoring systems
- Identify, report and manage hazards
- Conduct investigations as required
- Continuous promotion of a safe and healthy workplace
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are preferred
- Experience in a similar role and industry
- Excellent computer skills with strength in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and empathy with care for the elderly
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
We welcome applications NZ Citizens or those with the appropriate visa already in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2780.