- Major project/construction experience is highly desirable
- Site based Health and Safety role, supporting at all levels
- Rail/infrastructure/transport/underground or tunnel works experience required
Our client requires 2 x site based Safety Advisors, working to ensure project works meet the highest of safety levels
The company and the role
Our client has a project plan for a number of stages within their rail infrastructure project and work together as a close team of local and international infrastructure specialists.
With a collaborative style and relying on each others expertise, they are passionate about achieving successful and safe outcomes.
Requiring two Health and Safety Advisors who will report to the Health and Safety Manager, these positions will assist to ensure a high level of compliance, through accountability and ownership, education and engagement by all stakeholders.
It is anticipated you will spend 60% to 70% of your time coaching, mentoring, educating and inspecting/auditing in a proactive manner, on site.
As a successful applicant, you will have attitude and personality plus!
You will also come with strong technical knowledge and a real ability to communicate, fully utilising your skillset in; contractor management, tool box talks, safety walks and conversations, coaching and mentoring, robust investigations, with a proactive focus on risk management at all times, ensuring sustainable success.
- Provide on site safety support and advice to all
- Assist with construction safety management planning
- Risk and issue co-ordination
- Assist with contractor co-ordination
- Provide full auditing support
- Liaise with all relevant internal/external stakeholders as required i.e. WorkSafe
- Participate and/or lead incident investigations
- Assist with project reporting
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (NEBOSH IGC or equivalent as a minimum)
- Qualification in Construction safety management related discipline preferred
- Auditing skillset with formal training
- Incident investigation – competent in Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in safety management planning and project management awareness
- Physically fit to enable inspections i.e. working at heights, tunnel and confined space entry, use of ladders and stairway systems etc.
- Experienced with multi contractor/stakeholder projects
- Regulatory liaison experience
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skillset
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2770.