- Autonomous role ensuring safety performance across business units
- Supportive international EHS management team
- Strong manufacturing or logistics safety experience required
Our client is seeking an experienced EHS Advisor who can help develop the systems and culture to work towards a proactive safety environment
The company and the role:
Our client operates within the medical devices industry and need practical assistance to ensure compliance from a risk perspective.
They require an experienced and qualified Health and Safety Professional to engage with stakeholders and operational staff enabling a proactive safety culture.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you will have proven success and a desire to achieve and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors.
Predominately based in East Tamaki you will also support operations in Albany, Christchurch, Wellington and Palmerston North. Working environments vary from manufacturing sites through to warehouse and distribution centres. You will also support field sales operatives and regional offices. Despite the number of sites, the company has a relatively low number of employees. The workforce enjoys a positive and engaged safety culture.
You will provide sound advice from your experience within a process driven manufacturing/FMCG or distribution environment. Working in a collaborative manner with varied operational units you will have a strong and proven ability to engage and influence.
The person will have proven experience and qualifications to enable them to hit the ground running – health and safety systems experience, plus great time management and influential skills, including a practical ability – therefore someone from a manufacturing, transport or distribution background would be perfect for this role.
Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and share your knowledge and innovative solutions.
- Lead, implement and maintain EHS management systems
- Provide practical advice, guidance and support to operational teams and management
- Identify hazards, conduct risk assessments, provide practical solutions in order to mitigate risk
- Implement and maintain site environmental sustainability plans
- Provide innovative suggestions for contractor management and traffic management
- Bring personality plus to engage, influence and mentor – improve the safety culture and understanding throughout the organisation
Skills and experience required
- Relevant health and safety qualification (level 4 minimum, ideally diploma)
- Experience within either manufacturing/transport/distribution is highly desirable
- Innovative and practical in approach
- Driven to ensure best practice and continuous improvement
- Excellent influencing, educating and communication skills
- Fully conversant with NZ Health and Safety legislation
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #2698.