- Lead from the front
- Influence cultural change
- Large manufacturing environment
A positive, driven and experienced EHSR Coordinator required to hit the ground running in this high risk manufacturing industry
A great opportunity has presented itself to work for an international company who specialises in the manufacturing, distributing and retailing of wood products. Exporting their products across the world, our client has successfully secured the title of a market leader within New Zealand.
With multiple high-risk factors involved, our client is determined to foster the best and most comprehensive Health and Safety practises across all their sites. Their philosophy is ‘Health and Safety is number one’ and they are committed to ensuring everyone goes home safe at night.
The purpose of this role is to deliver accurate advice and support across timber operations and wider businesses. You will be involved in all EHSR activities, including developing and executing training material, identifying and assessing onsite risks and hazards and undertaking EHSR audits, to advance a robust and energetic safety culture.
The successful candidate will have the confidence to identify and assess potential risks and the passion to implement safety procedures to protect all involved. You will have solid audit and investigation skills and be a forward thinker. This role will offer the opportunity to travel to other business locations across the North and South Island, so flexibility in working arrangements is a must.
- Report, record and investigate risks and events using a Risk Manager system
- Provide accurate and current Health and Safety advice and support
- Identify and develop training needs and material
- Conduct and facilitate EHSR training
- Assist senior management to design and execute routine safety activities and drills
- Review and maintain documentation and registers
- Work collaboratively with staff at all levels and across all teams
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary health and safety qualification
- Knowledge of New Zealand OHS legislation is essential
- Proficient in a Risk Management system (3-4 years is preferred)
- Large manufacturing environment experience is an advantage
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Apply.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2902
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People