- Strategic Safety role that includes high operational visibility
- Significant civil construction/high risk management experience required
- Promote and encourage; proactive, modern day risk management practice
Our client requires a Group Safety Manager, who truly understands modern day safety/risk management – both strategic and operational
Our client aims to be the Number 1 choice in construction and they are well on their way to achieving this goal.
Owned and operated by people dedicated to building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships, this Auckland based Company are currently in growth mode and servicing a number of Blue Chip clients, amongst others.
With a highly skilled workforce and owned and operated by people dedicated to building/maintaining strong internal and external relationships, they work together to achieve deadlines, with safety and quality at the forefront.
Reporting to the General Manager, the purpose of this role is to assist the leadership team in the development and implementation of their risk management programme – specifically managing the health and safety strategy and framework.
You will have a modern day approach to risk management and lead and embed the culture change programme required to manage the risk to its people, contractors and all others who have involvement during the course of their work.
The successful candidate will coach and support the leadership team throughout New Zealand, by developing and championing strategies that will ensure successful achievement of the health and safety goals and objectives in line with the wider business objectives.
- Model best practice health, safety and risk leadership
- Ensure that specialist and strategic advice and practical guidance and support is provided at all levels
- Build health and safety capability and competence and identify opportunities for further improvement
- Lead health and safety forums with a focus on performance risks and opportunities
- Review, develop, implement and monitor an effective health and safety strategic plan, that is aligned to the business objectives
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements, including legislation, national and international standards and codes of practice to ensure an integrated approach
- Annually develop, monitor and review measurable lead and lag indicators with a focus on management of critical risks.
- Monthly reporting to the leadership team
- Plus much, much more
Skills and experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification in health and safety/risk management
- Practical/working knowledge of NZ regulatory requirements
- Significant strategic leadership experience
- Experienced in developing, implementing and maintaining health and safety management systems
- Proven experience in risk mitigation
- Sound people skills, with the ability to establish and build rapport with ease
- Highly effective communication (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to manage challenging conversations/situations
- An influential, persuasive nature
- Results orientated – outcome focussed, ability to self-manage
- Strong analytical skillset
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2751.