- Senior leadership role within construction
- Drive and influence culture across operations
- Auckland based with a national remit
A highly successful and expanding construction business is seeking an innovative and experienced leader to drive EHS performance.
About the role
In order to be successful in this position, the candidate will provide expert EHS leadership, governance and support to the business, driving culture and setting high performance expectations for both themselves and the wider team, enabling the Company Health and Safety goals to be achieved.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this role will influence safety performance across multiple operating division. Operating at a strategic level, you will implement initiatives and systems that will drive best practice and further develop the EHS culture.
The position is based in South Auckland, with travel required throughout the region, and occasional visits to Canterbury.
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of EHS Legislation, as well as the proven ability to engage and influence at all levels within the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and Divisional Managers, you will provide day to day EHS leadership, direction and planning for the business
- Develop, implement and maintain EHS strategy, initiatives and systems for the business
- Drive a step change in EHS Performance, via innovation and effective engagement
- Lead and foster a safe and healthy preventative working culture
- Utilise contemporary safety methodology to drive change within the business
- Oversee and support regional operations
- Provide strategic direction, identifying best industry practice
- Monitor and report on environmental, health and safety Performance
- Build and develop effective, collaborative and productive relationships across the organisation
- Work closely with the wider corporate safety team to achieve safety ambitions for the group
Skills and experience to include:
- Significant health and safety experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership function
- Recognised tertiary qualification (Post Grad Diploma in Health and Safety or NEBOSH etc) preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment
- Able to coach, influence and drive change
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, able to build trust with a range of stakeholders
- Prior experience of working within construction or a high hazard industry would be preferred
- A working knowledge of Dupont safety methodology is advantageous
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving and decision making
- Current, full and clean driver’s licence is essential. Able to travel throughout Auckland with occasional national travel
- High level of business acumen and able to deliver results
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3159.