- Rare opportunity in prime Hawkes Bay location
- Iconic NZ company – family values
- Established and sustainable company
Seeking a solid Health Safety and Environmental Advisor with broad skills to work in an operational safety role in a manufacturing environment
This is a role for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor who has experience and knowledge around all the risks you’d expect in a large manufacturing environment. Familiarity with machine guarding, manual handling, contractor and traffic management are prerequisites for this role.
Working alongside operational staff, you will facilitate and support investigations, injury management and the maintenance of both online and paper-based safety systems (Eco Portal) and processes. Reporting to the site manager, you will lead site safety by example, following national safety initiatives, supported by the GM- Health and Safety, based in Auckland.
- Chair health and safety committee
- Provide education and support on site
- Support and implement company safety initiatives
- Contractor management
- Chemical management
- Maintain safety management system and processes
To be successful in this role, you’ll be an excellent communicator and facilitator, with proven skill in managing your own tasks and time. Organised, with attention to detail and not afraid to jump in and get things done, while upholding company values, process and plans.
- Minimum Level IV Certificate in OSH
- Training qualification is desirable
- Understanding of/experience in environmental compliance
- Experience with Eco Portal would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge and experience in Contractor Management
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
About the company
Well established and NZ owned, our client has 3 manufacturing sites in the North Island. With a low turnover in staff, people like to work here. Innovative in their thinking, they invest in both their equipment and their people.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are unable to consider application for this role from overseas.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3165.