- Join a growing safety team
- Kiwi owned and operated
- Exciting, hands-on role with one of New Zealand’s largest transport providers
Visibly and actively champion health and safety. Partnering with teams to drive our safety culture.
About the company
With over 96 years in the industry, the Tranzit Group are leaders in their industry, delivering high quality transport and tourism services across New Zealand, including urban passenger services, the InterCity coach network, bespoke wedding and conference transport, large-scale sporting events, tourism travel solutions, rental and lease vehicles, and is one of the Ministry of Educations largest providers of school transport.
Award winning, they are on a continued journey to excellence, and employ over 1500 team members across New Zealand. Family owned, they love what they do and pride themselves on offering sustainable quality transport solutions backed up by solid health, safety and wellbeing principles.
About the role
Part of a growing safety team based at head office, the Health and Safety Advisor will support 15 business units in the implementation of the safety and wellbeing strategy and initiatives. Within the Tranzit Group you will partner with business managers, the HR team, the internal-marketing and communications team, driver trainers, trained investigators, operations teams and health and safety reps, providing guidance and advice as required to ensure health, safety and wellbeing continues to be at the forefront of operations.
No day will be the same in this fast paced and diverse environment and along with day-to-day operational safety you will also:
- Assist with injury management, rehab and return to work programs
- Oversee and guide health and safety representatives and committees
- Provide guidance on incident investigations: ICAM certification preferred
- Partner with business units on risk management and safety communications
To be successful in this role you will have
- Relevant occupational health and safety qualifications
- Technical working knowledge of the HSWA, ACC, HSNO and relevant legislation and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse and report on safety data
- A balanced, engaging, proactive and solutions focussed approach
Experience with Assura software and ISO 45001 would be an advantage.
The Tranzit Group brings family values into their workforce and people are the key to their success. They support ongoing training and development, offer flexible working arrangements and are able to pass on some great external benefits and discounts.
How to apply
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens, residents or those with the appropriate visa in place. We are unable to consider overseas applicants for this role.
If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3244.