- Provide effective and visible, innovative ideas for continuous improvement
- Global organisation with genuine commitment to OHS
- Can be based in Dunedin or Auckland – travel is required
Report at Board level, providing innovative solutions to ensure a robust risk management process is in place
About the company
Specialising in the design and manufacture of advanced automation systems that improve productivity, reliability, yield, and safety for manufacturers and processors globally, this organisation is keen to continue their genuine commitment to Health and Safety.
Creating automated solutions that transform industrial processing and worker safety, our client applies market leading technology and robotics to revolutionise entire industries – with an aim to make life better for people, companies, and the wider communities as a result.
About the role
You will truly lead the way with energy and enthusiasm, providing innovative solutions and advice to the senior leadership team and Board.
Providing effective and visible leadership in the co-ordination of all health and safety programmes, you will assist the Executive Team to drive the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure success.
- Report to Exec Team and Board on all OHS activities
- Coordinate communication between all OHS personnel and representatives across the Group
- Assist and advise on the development of Group wide strategies and initiatives
- Ensure all stakeholders are kept informed of progress and status
- Engage site and country experts – network, stay connected with key industry contacts
- Ensure changes in legislation or standards are communicated and provide support/respond to internal and external requests
- Review, develop new policies and procedures
- Facilitate regular workshops to keep everyone fully informed
- Manage all audit processes
- Maintain all record keeping in a timely and appropriate manner
- Plus much, much more
Skills and experience include:
You will have the proven experience in a global or multi-site Health and Safety role at a management level, providing innovative and up to date ideas and advice at all levels, in particular to the executive team and Board.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated success in achieving positive health and safety outcomes
- Strong computer literacy
- Proven experience in a global or multi-site manufacturing OHS role
- Experience within the ISO framework is preferred
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Auditing and investigation experience
- Sound experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A logical and methodical approach
- An influencing and positive attitude
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3302.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.