- 3-month Health and Safety project role
- Wellington based with flexible working
- National business
3-month project role, offering competitive hourly rate and flexible working. Pre-qualification experience essential
About the role
A specialist insurance company is seeking an experienced safety professional for a 3-month project role. Working in close collaboration with the Chief People Officer, you will support the business through an extensive pre-qualification process establishing relevant systems, and frameworks. There will also be a significant focus on developing a risk/hazard register. Suitable candidates will be highly outcome focused with excellent technical and project management skills.
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of HSWA 2015 legislation, and an ability to draft concise, accurate documents.
Duties will include:
- Review pre-qual documentation
- Develop a delivery plan and prioritise key HSE objectives
- Assist with the roll out of standardised documents
- Collaborate with national operations to develop a hazard/risk register
- Establish a contractor management framework
- Engage with senior stakeholders
Skills and experience to include:
- Significant health and safety experience, able to hit the ground running
- Recognised tertiary qualification (Post Grad Diploma in OHS or NEBOSH etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including HSWA and industry guidelines and standards
- Experience in completing pre-qualification documents
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3231.
Please note, all applications for this position will be considered from 11th January onwards when we reopen in the New year