- Assist the Health and Safety Manager with continuous HSE Improvements
- Drive best practice for Contractor Management
- Proven experience in a high risk environment
Our client is seeking a high performing Health and Safety Advisor to champion the ongoing development of HSE across operations.
Our client operates within a critical risk environment, providing a broad range of cargo handling and logistics services and enjoying a high profile within New Zealand.
With more than 500 direct employees and a further 150,000+ facilitated by the organisations activities, our client cares deeply about their people, with safety being their number one priority.
Having made significant gains with visible health and safety in the past year; improvements to auditing, reporting, communication and recognition of positive safety behaviour has assisted in keeping the 24/7 shift workers safer, 365 days of the year.
Innovation and improvement, through contributions from staff members enable our client to achieve world-class productivity. The skills of the people as well as their ideas have ensured development and introduction of new technology, equipment and processes.
The role requires you:
To provide accurate and specialised support to the Health and Safety Manager and wider operational staff. Assisting in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Develop and implement ongoing improvements to the contractor management framework. Ensuring PCBU accountability and developing a collaborate working environment for contractors.
- Assist Operational Managers with the implementation of OHS processes
- Regularly review all areas of the port, ensuring safe working practices
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager to update emergency procedures
- Facilitate hazard/risk assessment workshops
- Ensure that contractors receive appropriate inductions
- Establish open working relationships with contractors, encouraging collaboration
- Ensure that all third-party organisations comply with the company’s safety management protocols
- Investigate non-compliance and incidents, highlighting remedial actions
Skills and experience required:
- Teriary level safety qualification
- Able to work in a complex heavily unionised environment
- Excellent contractor management skillset
- 3-5 years practical OHS experience, preferably in a high risk environment
- Expert knowledge of New Zealand Health and Safety laws and regulations
- Able to influence and engage a diverse workforce
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically, however given the holiday period, shortlisting will commence early in 2018. For any queries please phone Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 after 8th January 2018 – ref: #2716.