- Great company in growth industry
- Qualified and experienced Health and Safety Specialist required
- Newly created role for their construction projects
Our client is seeking an experienced health and safety construction specialist to provide technical advice and support, influencing on site
The company and role
Our client is one of the largest retirement village providers in New Zealand, with a number of villages throughout the country – and an aim to bring the best of life to older New Zealanders.
The Group is growing and right now their construction team have a large number of new projects underway, varying in size and complexity.
Our client requires an experienced and capable Health and Safety Advisor to join the safety team and provide dedicated support and guidance to the construction teams, including strong contractor management.
This position will see you spending a significant amount of time on-site, working with a diverse range of subcontractors and skilled tradespeople as well as the Group Construction Managers and Site Managers; mentoring, influencing, advising and ensuring construction continuity through best practice and compliance.
- Champion compliance to HSE policy, procedures and legislation
- Collate and generate monthly reports and value add safety data (i.e. lead indicators)
- Mentor, coach and support all stakeholders to ensure ownership and accountability of health and safety on a day to day basis
- Input into the continual improvement of company practices and systems
- Participation or delivery of various projects and initiatives
Skills and experience
- Proven ability and hands on experience ensuring successful health and safety management in construction/building environments
- Relevant health and safety qualification
- HSE audit experience
- Significant contractor management experience
- Analysis and report writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Methodical and systematic approach
- Results driven and able to deliver high performance and output
- Ability to travel as and when required
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically. For any queries please phone Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 – ref: #2679.