- Established family owned business
- Diverse and varied organisation – no day is the same
- Friendly, vibrant location
Our client is seeking a dynamic Health and Safety Advisor who enjoys the challenge of a diverse, varied environment
A family owned business with a diverse range of businesses including logistics, distribution, logging, manufacturing and construction, our client is undergoing an exciting period of growth and expansion.
Employing approximately 300 people across their organisation they are committed to the continued safety of all staff and stakeholders as the business grows.
Key to this role will be your ability to liaise with a variety of employees, providing practical and functional safety solutions while maintaining robust systems and processes.
The successful candidate will thrive in this multi-disciplinary business and enjoy the variety that this brings. You’ll be able to think on your feet, be adaptive and proactive, while enjoying the support of a company who encourage involvement and development.
- Facilitate the development of company health and safety policies and documents
- Manage the health and safety induction process
- Oversee or lead incident reporting and investigation
- Conduct annual compliance and HS self-audits
- Ensure the development and maintenance of robust safety processes
- Assist with rehabilitation and return to work programmes
- Provide safety analysis and reports as required
- Coordinate compliance training
- Support and advise management on health and safety matters
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in OSH is desirable
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work both with a team and/or autonomously
- Friendly, interactive and positive demeanour
A stable, longstanding business, our client has maintained their family feel and offer a supportive environment in which to continue your career development, through exposure to the many facets of their organisation.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Apply.
For this role, preference will be given to candidates with NZ work experience and we would also welcome applications from returning Kiwis with Australian experience.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2896.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People