- Promote, drive, monitor and support all things EHS
- Global company with future career opportunities
- Excellent culture, with good engagement and buy in
Salary in line with market.
Play a pivotal role – establish systems and monitor Health, Safety and Environmental programs – drive improvement in a highly proactive manner.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
About the company
Our global client was founded in Ireland, and now supplies over 18,000 food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide.
With over 150 manufacturing sites globally, they operate in over 30 countries and employ 25,000 people worldwide. Present in the Asia-Pacific region since 1997 they have grown the business to become a supplier of choice for our regional and local customers.
About the role
Reporting to the Site/Production Manager, you will play a pivotal role with establishing and monitoring Health, Safety and Environmental objectives for this manufacturing site, with approx. 100 employees.
You will be in the driving seat for implementation and naturally have a highly engaging and proactive manner in order to gain buy in and ensure the safety of employees through continuous improvement, best practice and good governance.
We anticipate that you will have a continuous improvement mindset and consistently find ways to reduce the impact on the environment through the reduction of resources (energy, water etc.) and the reduction of waste (food, components).
- Promote a positive EHS culture, raise EHS profile, competence, and awareness by arranging relevant training and communicating the necessary information.
- Support the site to identify hazards and conduct risk assessment and advise on appropriate risk management techniques.
- Drive and monitor progress against business KPIs and targets, and support sites in meeting the EHS goals and targets.
- Implement and maintain regional policies, programs and procedures at site level.
- Lead Risk assessments and corresponding risk mitigation strategies
- Establish, implement, and maintain a site EHS management system in the form of documented policies and procedures.
- Participate / lead in incident investigations and review investigation findings for accuracy, identification of root causes and appropriate corrective / preventive actions.
- Plan and organise regular emergency exercises – including joint exercises with external emergency services.
- Communicate and share lessons from EHS incidents that impact all company operations in a timely, thorough, and effective manner.
- Act as site representative and provide updates on biweekly regional EHS meetings.
- Ensure accurate minutes are taken for EHS committee meetings
Skills and experience
You will have proven examples of how you have communicated successfully (in writing and verbally) to showcase your capability of conveying ideas and concepts and making formal presentations.
You will enjoy working independently and have little need for close management supervision and direction, with strong organisational and technical skills – along with a real desire to achieve.
Your ability to influence and engage with all stakeholders effectively will be obvious and we anticipate you will have the following:
- Relevant Tertiary level education
- At least 2 years work experience in EHS management, preferably with experience in Food / Pharmaceuticals, with knowledge / experience in food safety programs
- Ability to manage change
- Experienced in managing and coaching teams
- Practical knowledge of Injury Management process and ACC
- Excellent understanding in a practical working sense of relevant legislation
- Experience with audits and EHS management systems
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3848.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People