- Great company in growth industry
- Role can be based in Auckland or Wellington
- Great opportunity for career progression
Seeking an experienced Health and Safety Coordinator to coordinate and ensure the effectiveness of health and safety activities across the company
Our client is one of the largest retirement village providers in New Zealand, with a number of villages throughout the country – and an aim to bring the best of life to older New Zealanders.
The role is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the effectiveness of activity across the full Health and Safety lifecycle; as well as managing health and safety activities relating to head office activities.
A hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic team; this is the chance to join them and help achieve their vision that everyone goes home safe from harm every day and a great opportunity to gain further experience in order to progress in your career
The successful candidate will be someone with previous experience in a fast paced, autonomous role with a good grasp of health and safety practices, expertise in coordination and process and detailed orientated.
- Administrate and coordinate the safety management system, policies and documents
- Responding to health and safety queries and keeping health and safety information up to date.
- Review incident reports and collate and advance other health and safety reports
- Chairing the Head Office Health and Safety Committee
- Manage Injury Claims
- Facilitate risk register reviews and annual audit programme
- Contribute to developing and improving health and safety practices
Skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years proven practical safety experience in a similar environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to influence and engage across all levels of the business
- Minimum Health and Safety Certificate or Diploma (underway)
- High level administrative skill
- Flexibility to work around site requirements and schedule
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. Applications for this position will close on 22 February 2018.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #2739.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People