- Highly effective and motivated HSEQ Risk Manager required
- Excellent communication and influencing skills needed
- Great career opportunity for the New Year
Our client requires a truly effective HSEQ Risk Manager, to advise, influence and engage throughout their organisation.
Our client is focussed on providing excellence. They offer a broad range of services in the recycle market, holding an important position in the New Zealand recycling industry and enjoying steady growth.
You will report to the CEO and as part of the Exec team, provide HSEQ strategical, operational and functional support, assistance and advisory services to the various business units throughout the organisation.
Ensure through proactive initiatives that health and safety ownership and accountability is thoroughly understood, taking an integrated and business as usual approach.
Ideally you will have a Quality background as well as HSE.
- Provide HSE Risk Management and Quality support; assist, educate and advise at all levels
- Conduct incident/accident investigations, determining root cause/s
- Provide direction and visibility, considering continuous improvement and solutions for corrective actions – ensuring actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Undertake audits in a proactive manner, completing relevant reports
- Schedule and deliver relevant training throughout the region
- Provide innovative incident prevention strategies
- Maintain the positive safety behavioural culture, working towards best practice
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation
- Report and monitor HSE performance indicators, both lead and lag
- Contribute to the development and review of the strategic direction from an HSEQ perspective
Skills and experience
- Sound understanding of the transport, resource recovery, reuse, waste treatment and recycling practices preferred
- ISO experience preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualification in OSH (minimum Diploma level)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment is also desirable
- Internal Auditor qualification and proven strength in auditing and reporting
- Significant experience in a pure safety role within an industrial environment
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation
- Inspirational, innovative and engaging leadership style
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong conceptual, analytical and research skills to provide best practice initiatives
- Effective procedural development and implementation skills
- Detailed experience in the preparation of Risk Assessments
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically, however given the holiday period, shortlisting will commence early in 2018. For any queries please phone Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 after 8th January 2018 – ref: #2722.