- Great opportunity to influence long term culture change
- High degree of change management experience required
- Drive and integrate safety management with an operational focus
Experienced Health and Safety Manager required – high-risk manufacturing experience is essential, with an integrated operational focus
Our client is one of New Zealand’s largest exporters. Employing over 3,000 staff throughout New Zealand, this is a dynamic group of companies with a core purpose to procure, process and market New Zealand beef and lamb products globally.
They continually strive to provide a high-quality product and maintain robust relationships with all stakeholders.
Currently in an exciting phase of change, our client appreciates the need to focus on caring for the health and safety of their people; employees, contractors and visitors, through strong management systems, education, training and visible leadership.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will be based in Ashburton and is accountable for managing the health and safety function and associated management systems for the business units in this region.
You will be required to drive an integrated approach, engage with key stakeholders and ensure effective policies, procedures, systems and services are in place, providing and maintaining the highest level of health and safety awareness throughout the business units, from a risk management perspective.
The role also holds responsibility for the professional development and management of direct reports. Through your excellent mentoring, motivating and influencing skillset, you will have the opportunity to really make a difference and will enjoy the challenge of changing hearts and minds along the way.
- Visible Leadership – plan to fully integrate and oversee the full HSMS
- Risk/Compliance – develop/review procedures and standards to ensure compliance from a risk perspective
- Engage and influence key stakeholders, providing advice and delivering regional initiatives
- Full reporting function for business units within your region
- Manage a highly effective team and coach for success
- Provide the resources to ensure a solid understanding of health and safety and encourage accountability and responsibility throughout
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. OHS Diploma)
- Demonstrated and significant Health and Safety management experience with a proven level of professional credibility within a high-risk manufacturing environment
- A natural leader within an operational environment
- Ability to produce high quality reports within timeframes
- Expert knowledge of NZ legislation
- Demonstrated skills in proactive culture change
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Goal orientated and solution focussed, with excellent time management
- Great problem solving skills with an innovative approach
- Motivating, influential and engaging personality
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
Candidates must have a significant background in managing Health and Safety within a manufacturing or similar production environment
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2881.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People