- Exceptional opportunity – Senior role
- Senior Level Consulting
- Professional Services – highly respected
Reporting to the Group lead you will be ideally based in Wellington or Christchurch and happy to travel throughout the country.
Openings at this level of consulting are rare and expectations from the client are high. Preferably you come from a consulting or professional services background and will be accustomed to working at a senior level. A proven track record within both health and safety and business development would be essential for this role.
The main function is to provide the highest level of Health and Safety consulting advice and support for clients nationwide. You will act as external consultant for the business and support the continued growth of the client base. You will be comfortable with business development and working to the highest level.
You will be an experienced and competent professional capable of strategic thinking, coaching and building lasting professional relationships.
You will be responsible for client end to end support and working with your colleagues in the team to ensure the highest level of service.
- Works as a trusted business partner with managers, coaching, driving and influencing HSE practices to achieve overall business performance targets and avoid risk
- Manage a small team of consultants, supporting their growth and development
- Grow the external consultancy function, developing a strategic plan for delivery
- Apply a deep understanding of workplace and site HSE principles to devise and deliver practical and economical solutions to problems
- Contribute to the design and achievement of company HSE strategies in line with the Group HSE strategies
- Prepare quality proposals and reports
- Provide specialist HSE consulting, assisting in the continued growth of the Consultancy practice
- Build strong relationships based around understanding of clients’ needs and provision of appropriate solutions leading to continuing work and repeat business
- Be responsible for complex and challenging projects assigning work, directing project outcomes and verifying work of other technical staff
- Deliver operational excellence including; incidents, site procedures, site safety plans, training, work instructions, audits, contractor performance, corrective & preventative measures
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and identify opportunities for innovation based on experience and knowledge of the business
- Drive quality, excellence and efficiency through the identification of viable process improvements
- Network in the industry and actively participate with industry and professional bodies
Skills and experience
- Significant knowledge and experience in HSE practices and legislation
- Tertiary qualified / Post graduate studies / professional body certification / registration
- Proven business development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business partnering / consulting / negotiation skills
- Consulting experience in professional services preferred
- Solid reasoning and intellect
- Clear demonstrated evidence of operational excellence
- Clear leadership skills
- Clean driving licence as Nationwide travel is required
- Long term career opportunities
- Highly Competitive package
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically, however given the holiday period, shortlisting will commence early in 2018. For any queries please phone Duncan Cook on 09 281 2724 after 8th January 2018 – ref: #2692.