- Coach and influence for positive culture change
- Provide proactive and visible safety leadership
- Review, develop and implement to ensure compliance
Seeking a solid all rounder – Competent Health and Safety Manager to assist our client (electricity sector) to further their strategic and operational goals to become an industry leader in safety practice.
Our client is a Dunedin based network provider with a mixture of contracted resource and direct employees, servicing the power industry in Otago.
We require a competent Health and Safety Manager to assist them in their quest for continual improvements building on the success to date.
The position reports to the Operational GM and you will sit as part of the senior leadership team of 25. This is a great opportunity to work at Board level, alongside the CEO and executive team as well as influencing change on an operational basis and so you will have to be comfortable in having safety interactions in the field.
Relationships are critical to the success of this role and you will work with the contractors and stakeholders and internal managers in the business to facilitate standards being met and best practice being worked towards.
This is an exciting time to join the team.
- Provide visible and effective health and safety guidance, leadership and support to all stakeholders, including significant contracting teams
- Drive the company’s ongoing safety leadership and maturity programme (safety choices)
- Promote and maintain compliance to relevant legislation and industry standards
- Partner with all stakeholders to ensure engagement, ownership and accountability
- Coach managers to work to interdependence – transferring knowledge and skills
- Encourage timely reporting and corrective action close offs
- Ensure a robust process for accident/incident investigations
- Manage from a risk perspective, educating and mentoring in order to gain full buy-in.
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a risk management discipline (Health and Safety)
- In-depth knowledge of operational safety / good solid understanding of strategy development.
- Working knowledge of electricity industry reporting and safety requirements
- Incident/Accident investigation experience
- Proficient reporting and computer skills; excel, word etc
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Outcome/results focussed with great self-motivation
- Current Drivers Licence
- Great leadership support
- Competitive salary
- Full Use Vehicle
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the “apply button”.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2875.
Candidates must have a work visa in place in order to be considered for this role.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists HSE People recruiting HSE People