- Promote proactive Health and Safety – upskill people from all backgrounds
- Well-known NZ multi-utility company
- Competitive salary and career development
Focus on engagement and education of field staff and contractors in this safety critical industry
Reporting to the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Manager – Wellington, this role is split into two primary functions. Your time will be spent 50:50 between site-based work, providing HSEQ advice and guidance and completing assessments, and incident management functions including generating reports and trends analysis. There are some major critical risk projects going on at present and you will be instrumental in assisting with these.
Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement through coaching, developing and educating. You will be expected to work proactively by building and maintaining relationships with employees, customers and clients.
- Carry out incident investigations, site inspections and audits and implement and embed corrective actions
- Manage all subcontractors to company HSEQ requirements
- Proactively assess situations for continuous improvement
- Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
- Engage and educate employees on safe work practises
- Complete competency assessments
- Provide mentoring and assistance to site management
Skills and experience include
- A practical background in a large scale, complex organisation is an advantage
- Proven experience applying practical solutions to a high-risk environment
- Level 4 Workplace Training and Assessment (preferred)
- Experience with training, presenting and developing
- A team player who can work under pressure
- Ability to show initiative and ability to foresee challenges
Our client is one of the largest multi-utility contractors in New Zealand, servicing the needs of clients in transmission, distribution, generation and commercial sectors.
This company’s strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3133.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People