- Excellent career opportunity within the electricity sector
- Change management experience required
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skillset required
Senior HSQE Practitioner required – leadership role within the electricity sector, requiring proven ability from risk perspective
The company and role
Our client is one of the largest multi-utility contractors in New Zealand, servicing the needs of clients in transmission, distribution, generation and commercial sectors.
Reporting to the Southern Regional Manager, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of legislation and a strong ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships with the customer base, managing the updating of safety systems, investigating incidents, including where necessary the use of ICAM techniques where appropriate. Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the subcontractors HSQE performance with the view of reducing risk and embedding corrective actions.
With numerous internal customers and external stakeholders you will be able to demonstrate your excellent interpersonal and influential communication skillset and foster an environment of continuous improvement, where improvements are proactively identified, developed and realised.
You will also utilise your excellent people management skills by mentoring and assisting direct report/s to succeed.
- Direct responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of all reporting staff
- Ensure full compliance through proactive management to all policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislation
- Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
- Work proactively to ensure all risks, hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely and effective manner
- Carry out incident investigations, reporting to agreed quality and timeframes, including providing a support function for ICAM investigations
- Implement and embed corrective actions that result from both improvement opportunities and investigations
- Ensure competency assessments and audits are carried out in accordance with the business requirements
- Manage all subcontractors to ensure full compliance
- Support all HSQE and Wellbeing matters for the region
- Foster a culture of engagement and empowerment for all employees
- Work promptly to resolve queries and any health and safety reports or concerns
- Provide solid advice in order to achieve compliance
- Provide budgeting and forecasting support for HSQE
Skills and experience include
- Previous HSQE experience at a similar level, preference is for similar industry experience and in a contracting environment
- Tertiary qualification – NEBOSH IGC as a minimum and dependent on experience
- Qualified in investigation methodologies (ICAM and Bowtie)
- Experience with risk analysis
- Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
- Robust numerical and analytical skillset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- Strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
- Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
- Able to show initiative and demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2723.