- Stable, established brand
- West Auckland location with parking available
- Supported at national and global level
Provide sound, practical knowledge in health and safety – prior manufacturing experience is essential
About the company and role
Part of a larger, globally owned group, this is a busy manufacturing site, providing custom PVC products and a range of products to the building and construction industry. Committed to ongoing quality and customer service, they are also committed to the safety of their people.
They have a strong safety culture and safety is very much led by the Site Management Team and initiatives are staff driven. Reporting at site level, you will be well supported by the wider NZ HSE team.
Your role will be to provide the knowledge, guidance and a visible presence on the floor; engaging and educating in the processes and systems designed to make the workplace safer. Located in Avondale, this role will also manage safety for a Waikato based site, so some travel may be required.
Duties will include:
- Monthly reporting for each site
- Assist in the development and review of Standard Operating Behaviours that deliver both operational efficiency and Safety.
- Support site management with Injury Management processes
- Contractor management
- Maintain and complete internal / external audit requirements
- Delivery of core health, safety and environmental training programs and inductions
- Ensure timely notification and monitor corrective actions of all incidents
Skills and experience
Your self-motivation, proactive approach and engagement skills are key to this role. This is not safety from behind the desk and you will be out and visible in the manufacturing environment. To be successful in the role you’ll need:
- Relevant qualification – Level 6 or equivalent
- Previous experience, preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in influencing managers in HSE best practice
- ICAM certified
- Practical knowledge of machine guarding standards AS4024
- Familiarity with ISO accreditations
People who work here, stay here. Staff have long tenure and with around 75 people onsite, this is a team who know and support each other.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. Shortlisting will begin January 15th and if you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342, ref #3878.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.