- Excellent career opportunity within the electricity sector
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout operational activities
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist required to assist the business unit – ensuring great operational practices and procedures are in place
The company and role:
Our client is one of the largest multi-utility contractors in New Zealand, servicing the needs of clients in transmission, distribution, generation and commercial sectors, with a reputation for excellence and innovation, providing commercially viable solutions for electrical and telecommunication design, construction and maintenance requirements.
Reporting to the HSQE Manager – Auckland, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of quality management systems, with proven experience functioning as an information source.
A key part of this role is ensuring quality is maintained throughout the operational activities in Auckland, with an emphasis on following great operational practice, procedures and operator competencies.
You will also assist with developing competency frameworks and special projects in conjunction with key stakeholders.
With numerous internal customers and external stakeholders you will be able to demonstrate your excellent interpersonal and influential communication skillset and foster an environment of continuous improvement, where improvements are proactively identified, developed and realised.
Other Key elements of the role include:
- Ensure standards are met for work completed and work site activities
- Confirm that audit procedures and competency assurances are properly carried out and assigned tasks duly performed to deadlines
- Liaise and discuss quality evaluation with managers – make appropriate recommendations and design schedules for improvement actions
- Take responsibility of QAS – educate and instruct personnel on recommended quality assurance methodologies and resources required to achieve the standards set
- Function as a subject matter expert/information source to develop competency frameworks
- Partner with Supervisors and Managers to identify training needs and error trends
- Provide regular, accurate and relevant reports to the HSQE Manager
Skills and experience preferred:
- Previous Quality Assurance experience, preferably in a lead role
- Preference is for experience/knowledge of electrical distribution and the holder of an electrical practicing licence
- Qualifications preferred:
- Lineman, fitter/technician or jointer
- US 4098
- Train the Trainer
- Quality Assessment and Auditing Certification
- Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
- Experience in a multicultural environment
- Robust numerical and analytical skillset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great organisational and planning skillset
- Innovative in approach
- Ability to demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- Strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
- Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2736.