- 3-year FTC Safety Manager role in Hong Kong
- Growing international power generation company
- Specialist Marine/offshore construction safety experience required
Hong Kong based Safety Management role, working for industry leading power generation company. Supporting a 3-year offshore construction project
Established over 100 years ago this highly reputable organisation generates and distributes energy across international markets including China, India and Australia. With over 7500 direct employees, the business supports over 5 million customers in the region. Our client is committed to developing clean energy solutions and is one of the largest investors in the renewables sector.
Based in Hong Kong, the primary purpose of the role is to provide strategic safety leadership and subject matter expertise to in relation to major offshore construction project. This role will require significant leadership, collaborating with government, JV partners and contractors.
Reporting to the Project Director and with a functional dotted line to the Senior Safety Manager (Mega Projects), you will be responsible for leading the safety team to drive safety performance, strategy, regulatory compliance.
The opportunity is suited to a genuine industry expert, with proven safety experience in an offshore/marine environment. Suitable candidates will hold a degree with safety or engineering and will have previously operated on large international projects.
- Establish strategic safety plans and policies, developing guidelines for project mobilization and construction
- Manage the incumbent safety team, enhancing competency, awareness and performance
- Drive a value driven safety culture across the project
- Collaborate with the JV partner, contractors and regulatory bodies
- Provide high level technical reporting to the Project Director and SMT
- Deliver specialist marine safety training to senior operational managers
- Ensure relevant programs and strategies are in place to drive continuous improvements
- Report to the Project Director and Senior Safety Manager (Mega Projects)
- Hong Kong based
Skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge marine safety and offshore/pipeline construction
- Degree qualified with 10 years safety experience, preferably 5 in a senior capacity
- Chartered Engineer or CMIOSH
- Proven team leadership experience with an engaging persuasive approach
- Prior experience of working on complex, multi-site international projects
- Culturally sensitive with Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in leading complex incident investigations
- Proven experience within the power generation industry
- Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are advantageous though not essential
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
For this position the client is willing to support international candidates with their work permit / Visa applications. In the first instance, preference will be given to those candidates with working knowledge of Australian, UK or China safety legislation.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3148
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz