- Standalone position with opportunity to demonstrate your expertise
- Public sector role in reputable organisation
- Close to public transport, with some WFH flexibility
Lead initiatives across the organisation, delivering outcomes in the Health and Safety space. 12m FTC with the potential for extension/permanent.
About the company
Independent of the Government, this organisation works to provide Parliament and the public an objective view of how public organisations are performing. With 7 locations around the country and 200+ staff, this organisation prides itself on its reputation and stability.
About the role
Provide strategic leadership and guidance in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective health, safety, and well-being workplace initiatives, policies and processes. This aims to mitigate and reduce work‐related health risks to employees (physical and psychological) and promote a culture of health, safety, and well-being.
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will be the sole Health and Safety professional within the organisation. This is a fixed term contract of 12 months with the potential of becoming a permanent, fulltime position for the right person.
- Provide regular reporting and analytics on Heath, Safety and Well-being
- Provide advice to senior leaders to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Design, develop, and embed well-being plans and initiatives across the organisation
- Develop and deliver health, safety, and well-being training
- Lead investigations, identifying root causes and recommending corrective actions
Skills and experience
An ability to work consistently and with a transparent approach, you will need strong communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage, use your initiative and take the lead
- Skilled at prioritising projects, working closely with others to ensure accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers across the public sector
- Project and change management experience
- Relevant tertiary Health and Safety or related qualification
List the key benefits in bullet points.
- Flexibility, working from home a few days per week
- Close to public transport
- Stable and reputable organisation
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Kelly on 09 956 9450/021 0805 9717 quoting reference #3835.
There are NO VISA/SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.