- Support Engage Inform
- Sustainable and successful export industry
- Lifestyle destination, close to lakes and national parks
Seeking a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to champion safety onsite in partnership with site leaders and managers
About the role
The role of the senior advisor is to support, inform, engage and coach site leaders and managers, ensuring their teams are safe and healthy. You will take ownership of site safety in this autonomous role, supported by and actively participating in the wider safety team.
This role is all about leading safety and providing technical expertise. You will also maintain the documentation and bespoke online safety management system which includes injury management and training.
- Ensure site compliance with standards and procedures
- Provide guidance on all safety and wellbeing matters
- Analyse and report on safety trends
- Manage reporting and training systems
- Lead the effective control of risks
- Drive employee engagement to create ownership of safety
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have solid experience, preferably in a high-risk manufacturing environment. Excellent communication and mentoring skills are a must as you work across all levels of the site but particularly with the senior level, providing them the tools and resources needed to lead safety for their own teams.
The technical expert on site, you will be able to manage your time, prioritising tasks as necessary and enjoy a varied day. Most of all you will passionate about making a difference.
- Minimum Level 4 Certificate in OHS (Diploma preferred)
- Solid experience in a high-risk manufacturing environment
- Experience with hazardous substances is an advantage
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent analysis and reporting ability
- The ability to prioritise and work in an autonomous role
About the company
Operating at a successful global level, our client processes and exports New Zealand’s highest quality meats products across the country and the world.
They are invested in sourcing from the best local farms; heavily practise sustainability management; and are motivated to preserve New Zealand’s natural beauty for the future.
- What career development or education assistance do they receive
- Anything that supports work/life balance
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3160.