- Lead and influence a positive culture of safety
- A good head for risk management
- The ability to make sure things are done on time in the right way
Our client operates within the public transport sector as one of the largest operators of urban bus services in NZ.
Operating within the public transport sector, as the largest operator of urban bus services in NZ, our client requires someone with a can-do attitude about health and safety, and who has a willingness to learn about security and environmental requirements at their depots. A working knowledge of health and safety is vital with experience at an Advisor or above capacity.
Highly customer-focused, our clients’ business activities are driven by a strong values approach.
The successful candidate will provide assistance, advice and support to the Regional Management Team in all matters regarding the management of health, safety, security and the environment.
The implementation and delivery of procedures, systems and strong safety frameworks, will ensure HSSE is considered as business as usual within the region, whilst giving leadership to safety which includes a continuous improvement approach across the region and wider business.
The role will ensure all safety obligations are fulfilled within the business, in line with the strategic intent, corporate objectives and legislative requirements. A particular emphasis on risk management and continuous improvement is required to support successful and safe business outcomes.
Skills and experience
- Proven relationship building and leadership skills
- Proven experience in an advisory capacity
- Ability to demonstrate superior influencing, engaging and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong legislative knowledge
- Proven success in the implementation and delivery of policy and procedures
- OHS Qualification preferred
This is a great opportunity to work within a fast paced and dynamic business.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2724.