- Champion and support a sustainable culture
- Promote best practice and provide visible and proactive leadership
- Experience in an operational aviation environment is required
Our client requires a Senior Safety Manager with significant experience working with key stakeholders to create, implement and drive the safety strategy
Our client is an industry leading expert in all facets of flight operations and maintenance support for their own fleet as well as other operators.
With capability to provide a fully tailored service from heavy maintenance and engineering through to operations, our Clients’ values highlight how they like to do things and what is important to them.
The role responsibilities include
Reporting to the GM of this particular business unit, you will champion and support a sustainable culture that lives and breathes safety, leading and promoting safety best practice and providing visible and proactive leadership within this particular business unit.
Provide strategic specialist advice and leadership to all stakeholders with an ‘outcome focus’ to provide solutions for areas of concern.
Work collaboratively with senior leaders and the safety team to develop safety strategy and effectively operationalise these across the group.
Work with key stakeholders, to create, implement and drive investigations and processes across the organisation, as well as driving improvements, ensuring robust metrics, leading the investigation process and reporting to the executive.
Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all SMS related policies, procedures and activities, along with the monitoring/audit process
- Provide a high level of management, mentoring and support to direct reports
- Assist with identifying safety responsibilities, accountabilities etc.
- Develop, implement and deliver the safety plan in a manner which engages, gains buy in and provides for a good depth of understanding at all levels
- Oversee all reporting and encourage proactive engagement
- Maintain audit standards
- Provide for solid communication and promotion of safety critical information
- Build robust relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ensure appropriate training is provided
- Manage from a risk perspective, ensuring best practice initiatives are researched and considered
Skills and experience include
Relevant HSE tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level) plus advanced investigation techniques and auditing
- Extensive knowledge of legislation and regulations, including Hazardous Substances/Dangerous Goods
- Ability to provide significant safety leadership across a highly regulated industry
- Experience in working at senior executive level to drive safety improvements
- Strong ability to rapidly build rapport across the entire workforce
- Coaching/educating/mentoring and influencing skillset
- Outcome focussed, setting high standards for self and team
- High level of integrity, commitment and accountability
- Significant experience in a safety leadership role for medium to high risk industry (preference for aviation)
- Excellent computer literacy and high level knowledge and experience with the implementation and maintenance of a Safety Management System
Strong values around: Safety, Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Innovation and Value Creation
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2761.