- Innovative global leader in transport and logistic solutions
- Assist with embedding a strong and collaborative Health and Safety culture
- Coach, influence, support and mentor functional and operational line management
Contribute to the development of fit for purpose Health and Safety systems, working in a supportive and collaborative manner – consulting – not dictating.
About the company
A global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions with a presence in over 65 countries and growing rapidly. Our client provides a cost-effective and reliable courier service and has a network that comprises of 28 Regional Locations and over 800 Courier Franchisees.
As an equal opportunity employer, they are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees and adopt the philosophy that great performance comes from great people.
About the role
Reporting to the Health and Safety Lead – Oceania, the successful applicant will enjoy working directly with key stakeholders and operational teams to support the successful implementation of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing strategic plan, goals, and targets, and help to create and imbed a strong and collaborative HSW culture.
Systems and Processes
- Contribute towards the development of a “fit for purpose” Health and Safety Management System (HSMS), contents of which will enable the business to deliver its HSW programme, whilst still meeting legal requirements.
- Carry out periodic reviews of the HSMS to ensure that it continues to align to best practice and that of any legislative changes.
- Act as the custodian of the HSW reporting system, and support the analysis of HSW data to help identify trends and offer ideas and solutions aimed at continuous improvement.
- Support, coach, and mentor functional and operational line management and key stakeholders to successfully implement the HSMS into their day-to-day activities.
- Identify, develop, and deliver HSW training and awareness materials and programmes to enhance worker capability, understanding and success.
- Assist and support line management with HSW Rehabilitation and Return to Work activities as required.
- Support and facilitate effective worker engagement and consultation forums and opportunities.
Assurance and Verification
- Champion development and implementation of periodic structured and meaningful HSW assurance activities, results of which recognise and celebrate successes and help to identify and support continuous improvement opportunities.
- Carry out independent verification activities focused on implementation of the HSW programme and HSMS, results of which can be incorporated into a range of HSW reports, including but not limited to HSW Performance, Governance and Due Diligence.
Skills and experience required:
- Practical experience within a similar role, within the transport and logistics sector.
- Minimum formal qualification of Cert IV in Health and Safety.
- Conversant with and able to interpret and apply federal and territorial HSW legislation into practice.
- Solid experience of assurance and auditing techniques, along with confidence in delivering awareness training to workers
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to influence at various levels of the organisation, with specific focus on workers to middle management.
- Competent in the use of Office 365 Software.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People