- Champion and provide HSEQ visible leadership
- Influential by nature with a strong systems/process skillset
- ISO experience highly desirable
Our client provides innovative solutions and service excellence in their core business within the marine industry – offshore/civil diving, vessel and ROV options
Our client provides innovative solutions and service excellence in their core business within the marine industry – offshore/civil diving, vessel and ROV options throughout New Zealand and the Pacific.
With an inherently strong safety culture, they are committed to being injury free and Safety First is the focus of the company’s undertakings with their entire operation -geared to ensure all business and tasks are conducted in the safest possible manner.
As a key member of the team, the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Officer is responsible for the implementation of all policy and procedures.
You will maintain a focus on injury prevention and proactive activity, embedding initiatives as business as usual and in accordance with best practice, industry standards, regulations, legislation and company policy.
An engaging and influential manner is essential to ensure the level of commitment and buy in throughout the organisation is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Champion and provide HSEQ leadership
- Provide overall guidance and direction
- Develop, maintain, implement and review HSEQ policies and procedures
- Provide for an audit and monitoring function for all certifications
- Internal reporting function for all HSEQ areas
- Facilitate regular meetings with all departments regarding HSEQ
- Monitor and maintain company compliance documentation
- Coordinate/conduct incident/accident investigations and follow up with reporting including corrective actions and timely close out
- Ensure a robust risk assessment process is embedded throughout
- Engage, influence and motivate to ensure a business as usual focus
- Provide training, including presentations as required
- Ensure employee and contractor qualifications, medicals and competencies are current
- Maintain excellent external relationships with key stakeholders
Skills and experience include:
- Knowledge and experience (highly desirable) with:
- ISO 9001,
- OHSAS 18001
- High attention to detail
- Experience within a high risk industry – preference for marine industry
- Practical approach working from a risk based perspective
- Strong and proven ability in building robust relationships – both internal and external
- A team player – excellent influential, engaging, motivating skillset
- Proven ability developing and endorsing a positive HSEQ culture
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #2665.