- Influence the safety culture at all levels
- OHS experience in manufacturing/FMCG preferred
- Work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
Our client is seeking an experienced and qualified Health and Safety Manager to develop, implement and influence, enabling a proactive safety culture at all levels.
Globally recognised manufacturer, our client is based in the Waikato region and very keen to ensure a proactive safety culture is embedded throughout their organisation.
To develop and implement the safety management system, ensuring excellent competency and knowledge base throughout the organisation for Health and Safety requirements (including Hazardous Substance).
Utilise your excellent communication skillset, by providing advice, support and coaching at all levels.
Influence to ensure compliance/best practice is embedded through a proactive safety culture, providing a business as usual mentality.
You will engage, educate and motivate, utilising your experience and understanding within a manufacturing/FMCG environment, encouraging commitment from all stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Monitor and implement to ensure legislative compliance
- Provide competent and timely advice to all stakeholders, promoting best practice
- Lead the Health and Safety Steering Committee
- Primary point of contact for all incidents
- Identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Provide functional reporting at all levels
- Present to the Board of Directors, Shareholders, Leadership Team
- Assist to develop risk mitigation strategies
- Facilitate risk analysis/profiling
- Ensure all external certifications are maintained – HSNO Location Test Certificate, Secondary Container, Approved Handlers etc.
Skills and experience
- Relevant Health and Safety tertiary qualification
- Motivated, influential and enthusiastic personality
- Outcome focussed and detail orientated
- Experience in presenting to all stakeholders, including Board level
- ACC WSMP experience, including rehabilitation/return to work programmes
- Conceptual thinker, with good reasoning and analytical ability
- Exceptional people management skillset
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Great ability to train and facilitate group sessions
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Candidates MUST have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2642.