- Autonomous role implementing WHS Strategy throughout the business
- Supportive senior management team
- Strong manufacturing OHS experience required
Our client is seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor who can provide the mentorship/education/ encouragement to work toward a proactive safety culture
The company and the role
Our client operates within the food manufacturing industry and need practical assistance to ensure compliance from a risk perspective.
They require an experienced and qualified Health and Safety Professional to engage with all stakeholders and enable a proactive safety culture.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will have proven success and a desire to achieve and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors.
In conjunction with management you will ensure all legislative requirements are covered and that the Corporate “No Injuries” OHS Management Program is a key focus for all.
You will provide sound advice from your experience within a process driven manufacturing/FMCG environment. Working in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders you will have a strong and proven ability with culture change
The person will have the required experience and qualifications to enable them to hit the ground running – health and safety systems and process experience, plus great time management and influential skills, including a practical ability – therefore someone from a manufacturing background would be perfect for this role.
Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and share your knowledge and innovative solutions.
- Implement the Health and Safety Strategy for sustainable success
- Provide a strong educational/mentoring and advisory function, working hard to influence an improvement in safety culture
- In consultation with management, develop and implement an annual OHS Action Plan, including training schedule to address issues/risks as identified
- Identify hazards, conduct risk assessments, provide practical solutions in order to mitigate
- Provide a monitoring/audit function and review against Corporate OHS Program
- Develop the systems, procedures and processes as required
- Provide innovative suggestions for machinery/equipment improvement as well as other areas of risk as identified
- Bring personality plus to engage, influence and mentor – improve the safety culture and understanding throughout the organisation
Skills and experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification (OHS Diploma as a minimum)
- Experience within FMCG/manufacturing/process is desired
- Excellent self-management and time management skills
- Innovative and practical in approach
- Driven to ensure best practice and continuous improvement
- Excellent influencing, educating and communication skills
- Fully conversant with NZ Health and Safety legislation
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #2645.