- Senior Leadership Role
- Transformation opportunity
- Superb package benefit
Head of Safety, Health and Head of Health Wellbeing and Safety for Pāmu Farms /Landcorp. Based in Wellington, leading an internal team to excellence and its stakeholders throughout NZ to safe working practices
We are proud to represent our client, Pāmu Farms of NZ (“Pāmu”) which is the brand name of Landcorp Farming, New Zealand’s largest farmer.
Pāmu is on an exciting journey to transform New Zealand farming by carefully creating natural products that enhance living. Three years into the transformation, Pāmu is expanding from pure commodity production and into higher value consumer goods through the Pāmu brand, with the aim of becoming a premium supplier of natural food products for niche markets globally. Pāmu is an organisation of scale. It currently has approximately 900 FTE’s across 125 work sites throughout New Zealand from the Far North to the Deep South, as well as animal genetics, farm software and food company subsidiaries.
As New Zealand’s largest farmer, Landcorp is uniquely positioned to take a role at the forefront of agro health wellbeing and safety management and on farm practices. This is a chance to translate your experience and passion onto a larger stage. A stage in which you and your team will be central to setting the agenda and leading the industry in best practice.
Based in Wellington, with 100% board and senior leadership commitment, you will work collaboratively with the “heads of” and directly with the CEO and the Leadership Team. You will act as mentor providing clear direction and guidance to your competent team of safety professionals. No two days are ever the same in this high energy, constantly evolving and innovative organisation.
So, this is much more than just a regulatory compliance role. Sustainable practices and a duty of care for health wellbeing and safety rejuvenation are a cornerstone of the Pāmu promise, a promise which is both an ethical and commercial imperative within the business.
- Lead Landcorp in the adoption of safe farm practices
- Deliver an ambitious culture change programme
- Be accountable for the design and delivery of an effective system/roadmap
- Understand and work to Safety 2 principles
- Provide clear leadership and direction at a strategic and operational level
- Be at ease with the diversity of your stakeholders
- Promote and drive excellence within the immediate and wider team
Skills and experience
- 7+ years’ experience in safety/leadership/management
- Diploma / degree qualified in a related discipline
- Proven leadership skills/understanding of human factors
- In depth technical understanding – bowties / risk analysis /ICAM
- Travel is expected, significant in the early days
- Career development
- Superb remuneration and opportunities
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek. Please quote #2734.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Alison on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2734.