- Wellness and Zero Harm
- Leadership and Engagement
- Located in beautiful Nelson with South Island travel
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
What is most important in the world? It is people, people, people.
Wakatū Incorporation is a Māori owned business of the land and sea. It manages assets and related business enterprises, including Kono NZ LP, a premium New Zealand food and beverage company. Kono employ over 300 staff, farm over 530 hectares of land and sea, and export to over 25 countries throughout the world. Wakatū also have an extensive property portfolio. Wakatū and Kono are both proactive in increasing their asset base and preserving and enhancing their taonga for the benefit of current and future generations through the sustainable use and development of land and resources.
As one of the largest employers in the region Wakatū enjoy making a significant contribution to the economic wealth and well-being of their community.
Reporting to the CEO of Kono, you will have a proven capability to work from a business improvement/operational excellence stance, to develop and operationalise the Health and Safety strategy.
This pivotal role is not only responsible for developing and implementing a consistent and compliant safety management system throughout the organisation, but for creating a culture of awareness and behaviour that integrates health and safety into “the way we do things around here”.
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Extensive experience at a strategic level in a complex commercial setting
- Alignment with Wakatū core values will be imperative.
Skills and experience
- Proven ability to partner with business units to advise, train and mentor groups and individuals
- Experience in business improvement/operational excellence processes
- Demonstrated evidence of success within a multi-site environment
- Proven ability to develop and operationalise strategy
- Consistent and methodical approach with great analytical skills
- Experience in managing budgets and resources
- Pragmatic and logical decision-making ability
- Proactive, positive and engaging manner
- Sound influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong communication across all levels
- Successful track record of creating a positive safety culture
One of Wakatū’s core values is ‘Whanaungatanga,’ we are family, connected by a powerful common purpose, enriched by each other and bound by mutual respect. This is one of the values that underpins how Wakatū operate, therefore if you have the capability they need to continue on their journey to uphold health and safety in their workplace then we would love to hear from you.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 320 4431 quoting reference #2945.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People