- Excellent communication skillset required
- Implementation and change management experience required
- High level Health and Safety advisory/support function
Provide in depth, health and safety support function, engaging with all stakeholders from Contractors through to Senior Leadership level.
The company and the Role
Due to an internal promotion our client requires a health and safety advisor to support their operations within a high-risk manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager on site, you will be accountable for assisting with the management of all health and safety functions, including implementing the health and safety strategy and plan, and engaging with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation – both internal and external.
The role will provide support to ensure that appropriate policies, procedures, systems and services are in place enabling the highest level of safety awareness, incident prevention and emergency preparedness.
Ideally you will have proven experience of working within a major hazard environment. You will be able to engage with senior stakeholders and drive policy and process development.
Duties to include:
- Lead and assist in the development and implementation of key health and safety initiatives
- Provide support to managers and operational teams
- Provide direction, coaching and mentoring to key stakeholders
- Influence and advise to ensure Health and Safety is embedded as business as usual
- Facilitate and lead the investigation process where necessary
- Work with the team to provide best practice advice and ensure compliance to legislation and company requirements
- Maintain robust relationships both external and internal
- Undertake and support regulatory and operational audits as required
- Ensure reporting requirements are upheld
- Support safe behaviours through proactive safety conversations and visible leadership
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. Diploma)
- A thorough understanding of the HSWA 2015,
- Knowledge of Major Hazard Facility regulations and supporting codes of practice
- Experience of culture change
- Excellent organisational and planning skillset
- Great analytical skills required
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Exceptional team player, strong ability to build robust relationships
- Outcome focussed and solutions orientated
- Sound computer skills i.e. Work and Excel
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Candidates with the relevant visa enabling them to work in New Zealand will be given preference, however experience, competence and organisational fit is the priority.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 2812724 quoting reference #2726.