- Influence and coach to ensure effective health, safety and environmental participation and engagement
- Infrastructure business
- Mentor, educate and influence to achieve positive results
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact, driving the development of a proactive, contemporary safety culture
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark, driving safety performance in a large-scale complex organisation. You will be part of a highly successful and growing infrastructure organisation. You will utilise your skillset of educating, mentoring and influence to ensure that safety is owned at an operational level, driving a proactive culture and contributing the success of the team and the organisation.
Reporting to the national HSE Manager, you will receive great support from the wider business. Assigned to a specific portfolio, you will collaborate and influence the business unit, supporting them to identify hazards and develop appropriate risk management solutions. Suitable candidates will be able to operate in an autonomous nature, in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Report to the national HSE Manager, supporting a specific business portfolio
- Provide specialist advice and support relating to safety policy, procedures and incident management
- Support the wider team to ensure the successful delivery of the H&S strategy/plan and the teams’ overall success
- Provide full HSE reporting utilising in-house systems and your analytical skills to help the build understanding of what the data is saying
- Support the team to ensure proactive risk identification and management against a critical risk framework
- Encourage accurate data recording/reporting of all HSE incidents and events
- Ensure all investigations are completed and closed out in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead the safety culture through excellent stakeholder communication, engagement, and influence.
- Engage with contractors, suppliers and customers, ensuring proactive safety management
- Manage external relationships i.e. WorkSafe, ACC,
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (min Diploma)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within a multisite environment
- A background within horizontal construction, roading, telecoms or power would be highly desirable
- Practical understanding of AS/NZS4801, ISO14001and 18001
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation
- Confident communicator, able to train and engage with staff at all levels
- A good level of computer literacy, able to easily pick up internal bespoke systems
- Strong ability to develop JSA’s, SOP’s and RA’s, educating along the way
About the company
Our client is a large-scale infrastructure company. They have operations throughout NZ and are currently experiencing a period of growth and development.
Employing highly skilled specialists every step of the way, this business also has a significant contractor workforce who are responsible for delivering essential work throughout New Zealand.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3158.