- Advise, lead and support HSE + Training for two manufacturing sites
- Successful Australasian manufacturing organisation
- Mentor, educate and influence to achieve positive results
You must be in New Zealand, with NZ Health and Safety experience for your application to be considered please.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark. You will be part of a highly successful manufacturing organisation, working with oversite of two plants to ensure a solid understanding at all levels. You will utilise your skillset of educating, mentoring and influence to ensure standards, systems and process are complied with.
Reporting to the GM New Zealand on a daily basis, as well as the Group Manager ANZ – HSE and People based in Australia, you will receive great support from the wider team but also have the autonomy to deliver programs which ensure an excellent level of engagement and understanding, as well as gaining buy in to safety initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Overall supervision of site EHS management system, plus training requirements
- Lead the day to day operational HSE requirements on site
- Ensure prevention of work-related injury or illness through effective behavioural based safety process and risk management
- Full HSE reporting on a monthly basis
- Support the team to ensure proactive risk identification and management
- Encourage accurate data recording/reporting of all HSE incidents and events
- Ensure all investigations are completed and closed out in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure full Emergency Response capability and understanding
- Lead the safety culture through excellent stakeholder communication
- Liaise with all contractors, suppliers and customers
- Manage external relationships i.e. WorkSafe, ACC,
Skills and experience
Relevant tertiary qualification (min Diploma)
- Experienced in taking a leading role as an HSE Advisor on site
- Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Practical understanding of ISO45001
- Certified to ICAM
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation
- Proven ability in leading risk/process assessments
- Excellent communication skillset and computer literacy
- Above average in creating; JSA’s, SOP’s, RA’s and educating along the way
About the company
Our client is a successful manufacturing organisation with operations throughout NZ and NSW, Australia.
Their overseas ownership (investment company who are key players in global packaging), provides them with access to leading research and best practice processes, ensuring customers always have the most innovative packaging produced to the highest standards.
Employing highly skilled specialists every step of the way – from supply chain to technology, quality systems to engineering, their customers can tap into expert advice and top technical support whenever it is needed.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Apply.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3150.