- Opportunity to work within an excellent family owned business
- Facilitate implementation and ongoing buy in to health and safety
- Ahead of the Rest, Customer First, Do it Once – Do it Right values
Our client seeks an experienced and qualified Health and Safety Manager. OHS experience within the transport and tourism industries is desired.
Our client is a family owned business, operating within the transport and tourism industry, connecting more than 600 destinations nationwide, with a large number of services on a daily basis.
Operating within an extensive range of marine tourism and coach tour activities, their cultural and organisational benchmark is; Go the extra mile (with a smile). This means a genuine commitment to having a friendly, pro-active, passionate and genuine approach – delivering great experiences for their passengers.
Report to the CEO and ensure through a process of continuous improvement that the business’s health, safety and quality management practices are conducted to the highest of standards.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of SMS throughout the organisation
- Assess, monitor and enhance safe operating procedures
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture and capability
- Establish an effective QMS to ensure a consistent and group wide approach
- Provide accurate reporting to the leadership/management teams
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate policies of vessel and vehicle operation
- Develop and maintain effective collaboration with Franchisees to ensure compliance
- Provide accurate and up to date advice at all levels
- Work within the requirements of MOSS
- Foster close operational and collegial relationships with key stakeholders
- Assess and ensure training and development needs are met
- Provide accurate and timely reporting/recording of all incidents/accidents
- Ensure all incidents/accidents are investigated and appropriate controls are implemented, monitored and reviewed
- Provide an environment whereby all risks are identified, recorded and managed appropriately and within reasonable timeframe
- Maintain risk registers appropriately
Skills and experience
- Relevant qualification in OHS
- A desire to “go the extra mile (with a smile)
- Proven Health, Safety, Quality success in a large organisation/similar industry
- Engaging, influential personality with a strong ability to build robust relationships both internally and externally
- Significant experience with legislation; Health and Safety, Land Transport, Maritime Transport and Council Bylaws
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically, however given the holiday period, shortlisting will commence early in 2018. For any queries please phone Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 after 8th January 2018 – ref: #2656.