- Drive the health and Safety agenda
- Large and complex organisation
- Values based workplace
This position is pivotal to leading and positively influencing the wider organisation to continue to embed the ADHB Safety and Wellbeing strategy. We are searching for an influential senior professional, with a proven Safety and Wellbeing leadership career.
Auckland District Health Board is a leading provider of health services who employ over 10,000 people and have annual revenue of around $ 2.0 Billion. In addition to providing healthcare for the Auckland district over 50% of our services are provided to people from other District Health Boards. With an impressive international reputation and an academic alliance with the University of Auckland we run a leading teaching hospital and provide a range of community services in partnership with other agencies across our district.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 14 Safety and Wellbeing professionals who provide both internal and external stakeholders with an exemplary advisory service. You will be results driven, naturally proactive, and highly committed, as well as being comfortable in a high demand and fast-paced environment. There will be times when you will need to call on your experience in developing and implementing policies which will form the corporate governance for Safety and Wellbeing at Auckland DHB. Hence, you will have current knowledge & experience of legislation, the ACC partnership programme audit standards, and strong partnership with other H&S professionals in the industry.
Skills and experience
- Experience of operating in a large and complex public-sector environment (ideally Health)
- Proven success in the delivery of strategic Safety and Wellbeing initiatives
- A reputation for being a successful people leader who considers integrity and honesty as part of their values
- A Focus and energy to deliver results on time and within budget
- Minimum 10 years in a senior Safety and Wellbeing position
- The opportunity to do your life’s best work
- The opportunity for professional personal development
- Support to your physical and mental wellbeing
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button, all applications must be direct to edenfx.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically, however given the holiday period, shortlisting will commence early in 2018. For any queries please phone Duncan Cooke on 09 281 2724 after 8th January 2018 – ref: #2713.