Based in Manukau, and reporting to the Chief People Officer, this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work for one of the most well known and respected brands in New Zealand within the FMCG / Manufacturing sector. This position is one of clear leadership heading the operations of both Australia and NZ. The role will be based in NZ.
The organisation has a small number of manufacturing sites, is supported by Senior Health and Safety Advisors on site (plus administrator) and now requires a strategic and operational experienced thought leader for their environment to head the innovation in safety practices.
We are looking for a manager / practitioner who has the agility to move between strategy and operational as required. You will have a hands-on approach, with the energy and drive to thrive in a fast paced environment, having the skills and abilities to engage others, to achieve excellence in the day to day management of health and safety and to sell the safety message within a high performing leadership team in a manufacturing environment. There is a substantial coaching element to this role for the SLT (ANZ) and all of its stakeholders.
A strong ability and proven success with engaging and influencing people is a must – this position will ensure that effective policies, procedures, systems and services are in place, to provide and maintain the highest level of safety awareness, accident prevention, and workplace rehabilitation across the sales division.
The successful candidate must be able to support the organisation to;
- Manage from a risk perspective, ensuring the strategy is fit for purpose, strategically plan and oversee the HSMS
- Taking the business on a sustainable maturity journey
- Engaging and enrolling others to build a positive safety culture
- Support and implement best in class HS Standards for consistent country delivery (ANZ)
- Development of the Health and Safety objectives for the business lines
- Manage a highly effective local HSEQ team and coach for success
- Support the Senior Leadership team in their commitment to HSEQ
Experience and qualifications:
- Health and Safety Tertiary qualifications
- Experience within ANZ FMCG environment is desirable
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance.
If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2768.
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People