- Excellent career opportunity within the electricity sector
- Change management experience required
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skillset required
Senior HSQE Advisor required –leadership role within the electricity sector, requiring proven ability from risk perspective
The company and role
Our client is one of the largest multi-utility contractors in New Zealand, servicing the needs of clients in transmission, distribution, generation and commercial sectors.
Reporting to the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Manager – Auckland and managing a dedicated team of two or three direct reports, the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Senior Advisor requires excellent people management skills.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships with the customer base, managing the updating of safety systems, risk analysis, auditing, educating and engaging.
There are numerous internal customers and external stakeholders and you will be able to demonstrate your excellent interpersonal and influential communication skillset and foster an environment of continuous improvement, where improvements are proactively identified, developed and realised.
- Ensure full compliance through proactive management to all policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislation
- Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
- Risk analysis and proactively working to ensure all risks, hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely and effective manner
- Proactive auditing in an educational manner
- Carry out incident investigations, reporting to agreed quality and timeframes, including providing a support function for ICAM investigations
- Implement and embed corrective actions that result from both improvement opportunities and investigations
- Ensure competency assessments and audits are carried out in accordance with the business requirements
- Assist with managing all subcontractors to ensure full compliance
- Support all HSQE and Wellbeing matters for the region
- Foster a culture of engagement and empowerment for all employees
- Work promptly to resolve queries and any health and safety reports or concerns
- Provide solid advice in order to achieve compliance
Skills and experience include
- Previous HSQE experience at a similar level, preference is for similar industry experience and in a contracting environment
- Tertiary qualification – Level 4 as a minimum and dependent on experience
- Qualified in investigation methodologies (ICAM and Bowtie)
- Significant experience with risk analysis
- Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
- Robust numerical and analytical skillset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- Strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
- Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
- Able to show initiative and demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2771.