- 3-4 month Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality contract role
- Collaborate with well known, highly successful organisation
- Penrose based
Provide HSEQ expertise to a large scale, multi-site New Zealand business operating in the electrical distribution industry.
Operating throughout New Zealand, our client is an electrical distribution company with a range of subsidiary businesses. They require an experienced and highly competent HSEQ contractor to collaborate with teams across the organisation, providing specialist advice and expertise.
You will be comfortable operating at a management level but also happy to get involved in day-to-day activities, providing hands on support. Reporting to the General Manager for People and Performance, this opportunity is suited to a modern safety practitioner aligned to Safety II and Just Culture principles.
- Partner with individual business units to provide practical HSEQ advice
- Identify best practice within the business, creating group standards
- Drive worker engagement
- Develop, robust accurate reports for the Board
- Provide Machine Guarding safety expertise/guidance
- Lead HSEQ initiatives and projects
- Support the business on their Safety II culture change journey
- Develop relationships across the organisation, supporting leaders and employees
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualified or NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum requirement
- 5+years HSEQ experience
- Able to operate in a complex, large scale business
- Have an ability to work with a range of internal stakeholders, engaging with senior management and building relationships
- Previous experience of using Vault would be advantageous
- An understanding of Safety II and Just Culture principals
- Significant consulting experience, ideally familiar with multi-disciplinary environments.
- Solutions focused with a pragmatic approach to H&S management
- Penrose based, flexible working hours
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3164.